20:52:00
A+ A-

BEST OF 2017 Interview with Type 41

Your Name: Type 41
Your location(country,city): United States

Dimitri: Can you mention your biggest music career achievements in 2017?
Type 41: Being able to play at Imagine Music Festival was a highlight for me! I got to meet so many trance fans and made many new friends!
Dimitri: Can you mention your biggest personal life achievements in 2017 that make you extremely proud?
Type 41: Being able to become part of Rielism was a big step in my personal life and career! I have nothing but respect for Sied van Riel and when I had the opportunity to become part of his label it was a humbling experience!
1) Best Track from other artists:
Right now the best track for me is still James Dymond & Chris Schweizer - Spectrum! That tune is out of this world and has everything from energy to euphoria!



2) Your top 3 2017 personal productions
I would have to say my top 3 productions would have to be Ascension released on Rielism then Heiwa and Aquis which were both released on Abora Recordings. All those songs tell a story and take the listeners on a journey. Which is my intention on all tracks and productions.







3) Best Artist (Dj & producer):
I would day that my favorite artists at the moment are Sied van Riel, James Dymond, Alex Di Stefano and Talla 2XLC









4) Best Remix from other artist:
Best remix for me at the current moment is the Alex Di Stefano remix of Blazer. That tune is so insane and it's energy is through the roof!



5) Best Remix that you have produced?
My best remix so far is coming out on Rielism, I can't say much else after that.

6) Best Remixer:
There are honestly to many to count. Steven Allen comes to mind as well as Mhammed El Alami. Alex Di Stefano is also a solid remixer!





7) Best New Talent (Dj or producer):
Wow, so many people to name. Some of the people I want to keep my eye on are Perrelli & Mankoff, XiJaro & Pitch, Sam Laxton, Eryon Stocker & EP3. Ciaran McAulley and so many more.












8) Best Electronic Music Album:
I haven't been able to listen to many albums this year.

9) Best Electronic Music Compilation:
Rielism Volume 4 mixed by Sied van Riel was by far an away one of the best compilations I have heard this year!



10) Best artwork/cover of an Album or Compilation:
I want to say once again, the Rielism 4 Compilation looked wild! I love abstract design and that cover fit the bill!

11) Best Lyrics in an Electronic Music track (it can be your production or from other artists)
That would have to be Bryan Kearney & Plum - All Over Again. That track hits me right in the heart. It is so beautiful and is easily one of the top tunes of the year for me!

12) Best Vocalist/Singer featured on Electronic Music track:
There are two tracks that I need to name here. I fell in love with Bryan Kearney & Plumb - All Over again but another is the recent Steve Allen & Sarah Lynn - Broken Child. Sarah has such a beautiful voice, it's almost angelic!





13) Best Electronic Music Label:
Put simply, Rielism. They feature some very talented up and comers as well as the bigger names! This is a label that is going to make some big noise in 2018.



The other label I would love to mention is my own, Digital Euphoria Recordings. We feature some very talented up and comers who make some incredible tunes!



14) Best Electronic Music Video:
I don't usually watch music videos these days!

15) Best Online Social media for communication with your fans:
That would be Facebook and Instagram. Communicating with my fans is important as without them, I am nothing.

16) Best Twitter or Facebook message or Instagram message you received from a fan or friend or you have read on someone else’s account:
From one of my biggest fans, Shewang, who has been a light in my life for years: "I can't tell you in words how greatful I am for you in my life and all the kindness you have bestowed on me,especially tonight. You are such a gift. Thank yo so much" when she had come over to be involved with an episode of my live stream of Digital Euphoria!

17) Best music composition software:
I have been using FL Studio since version 7, so I go with that.

18) Best Club Event or Open Air Festival:
To this day I would have to say seeing Solarstone play out here in Atlanta was the experience of a lifetime. Seeing that many trance fans packed in a single room and experiencing a unique journey together. There was so much love in the air and Rich is so nice and humble! Thank you UNITY Events for giving me a journey I can not forget!

19) Best personal Dj Gig:
For me the best show I ever did was performing for UNITY and their show Origins. It was a shorter than normal set but people usually see me playing uplifting, well I did do that but I mixed in some tech bangers and people would not stop dancing!

20) Best Dj set of the year from other fellow Dj:
Mark Sherry's set at UNITY was by far and away one of the most energetic sets I have ever seen. His energy followed by the music he plays is insane!

21) Best country that you have played in 2017 and where did you met the best festival/event crowd:
I have not travelled outside of the country to perform yet.

22) Best Radio show or Artist Vlog?:
I honestly need to do a shameless plug here, best show for me is my own, Digital Euphoria.



23) Best Radio station:
That would DI.FM. They have hosted my show for several years but they have such a large section of music so it's nice to be able to listen to a little bit of everything.

24) Best Online Record shop that you purchase your music:
I use Beatport for everything! I love browsing their store!

25) Best music related website that you visit frequently:
I haven't really spent a lot of time on any forums as of late but I do like the trance podium website. It is fun conversing with all the trance fans on there.

26) Best Smart phone or smart phone application:
iPhone user, right here!

27) Best Dj equipment (software or hardware):
Anything from Pioneer is my preference. CDJ 2000 Nexus are amazing pieces of equipment.


28) Best new sound or sample that has been used in Electronic Music this year perhaps introduced first by you?
I really don't know at this point honestly.

29) Best tip that you learnt this year for your Djing techniques or music composition:
Best tip I learned this year, hmm I always learn something and I would have to say the most useful one was how to make a proper trance acid. That has changed my sound significantly.

30) Best piece of advice you got in relation to your career in 2017:
I have nothing to say here, not because I don't want to but because I honestly don't know what to say.

31) Best hobby or activity that you spent a lot of time in 2017:
Well I am a nerd, mostly for gaming so I spent a lot of time playing Rocket League! So much fun playing soccer with hot wheels cars.

32) Best holiday destination for 2017 either to relax or to perform in a club or festival:
I did make my way to Colorado for a skiing trip earlier this year and it was quite the experience sitting in a jacuzzi while it was snowing.

33) Best Electronic Music magazines in printed form not online:
I don't read magazines.

34) Best Movie of the year that may inspire you to compose a track:
Best movie of the year for me is not even out yet but I know will be good, Star Wars: The Last Jedi... if I make a track it will be a remix of the Force Theme.

35) Best online/PC/video game of the year that you have played this year?
That would be Destiny 2! I loved the first one but the second one is outstanding.

36) Best soundtrack for video game of the year:
For me that is The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild. While simple in most areas, when big scenes come up and boss battles, epic music ensues.



37) Best electronic music related joke you heard this year and make you still laugh:
Paris Hilton is coming out with an deep house and techno album.

38) The saddest electronic music news you heard this year and still makes u cry:
That would be the loss of Robert Miles. He was an icon and still is. He was one of the first few artists who inspired me to produce.

Dimitri: Finally, please tell our readers your plans with your future releases, tracks, albums, collaborations, Dj gigs.
Type 41: I have a lot coming out with Rielism so stay tuned! I have plenty of shows I am planning on announcing and the possibility of a tour! The biggest one right now is to catch me opening for the legend, Talla 2XLC here in Atlanta on December 9th!
Thanks to Sied Van Riel at Rielism for arranging this interview.

Additional info: